Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Weed

Yesterday I spent a great deal of time weeding in the garden.  Noah is never far from my side so as I worked my way through the rows I explained what a weed was.  Noah very quickly learned to distinguish the cucumber sprouts from the jewel weed and witch grass.

Eventually Noah tired of the garden lesson and went onto the swings.  I would weed a row, give him 50 pushes, then head back to the garden.  At one point I reminded him that soon I would have to go back and weed in the garden, to which Noah replied, 

"Yeah!  We don't want to grow weed.  Weed is not good.  I don't want to try weed."

I am hoping this lesson will stick in the recesses of his brain for future reference.
I recognize that this is not "weed" but I don't have access to a real photo of weed and I didn't want to peruse the internet for a pirated copy; life is just too short to spend time doing that.  However I hate posting without a picture so a lupin is the closest thing I had to "weed".

No comments: