Search This Blog

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Speech

When Aaron was young he had that adorable speech impediment that made Rs sound like Ws.  I wish I could have been there to hear it.  Luckily for me he passed that trait down to Jacob so I get to imagine how adorable Aaron must have been as a child.
        I haven't really worried about the speech impediment with Jacob, kids frequently outgrow things like this. Then Jacob was drawing during sacrament meeting at church and Aaron passed the notebook down to show me this:
It is a multi-level space ship.  The top level is the Bridge, followed by the Brig, and then Sick Bay.  Initially Aaron and I chuckled and thought how cute it was.  Then I started to see on papers coming home from school, that the speech impediment was coming through all over in his writing.  The process has begun to get him working with the speech pathologist, and we are working on it at home too.


2 comments:

Abby said...

Oh goodness. That really is adorable!!

Caitlin and Jared said...

When Makenna was learning to write and spell she would write "chree" for "tree".