Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hibernation

I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation.  This has been a long winter and I have had some difficult things (herniated disc, low thyroid) that have made me just want to hunker down and sleep all winter.  I even sound like a bear, a fact that I was not aware of previously.

One day this winter school was cancelled and I took the opportunity to sleep in.  Aaron recorded something that he had insisted was real, but I was certain he was over exaggerating.  I have been told I am a heavy breather when I am asleep, but that it wasn't a full blown snore.  Aaron on the other hand has insisted that I full blown snore, wondered if I have sleep apnea, and wondered if my struggles with focus and attention during the day are linked to my sleep habits.  I am not sure why I favored the opinions of others over the statements of the man who sleeps with me every night; maybe because I don't want to be a snorer?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G6sWhWk-PuaFNCbnZpdEF2ejg/edit?usp=sharing
(sorry folks I can't figure out how to attach this so that it plays automatically.  I welcome your advice!)

Regardless of my desires there is now proof that I snore, and for some foolish reason I feel like sharing that fact.  Every time I listen to it I am incredulous that it is me, and I laugh at how intensely I snore.  I can't decide if I am embarrassed or amused, but it definitely evokes a strong emotion in me.

I have some plans in the works for eradicating the snoring issue. As for the emotional hibernation I have been feeling; every day I feel a little more awake, a little more alive, a little more energized and excited about what the day has in store for me.  The snow banks may be taller than I am, and it might have been below 0 last night, but every day the sun shines and even in frigid temperatures it is beating back the snow.  

 Come Spring, Come!


1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I can so relate to feeling like hibernating during the winter!!