Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Grace

How does one gracefully re-enter the blogging world after an extended hiatus?  I feel like I have so much to say, but that would create a long, wordy, and somewhat boring post.  I know that if I try to catch up it will take me hours and then I will walk away with the post unfinished, into a messy house and then guilt will abound.  So......I will not try to catch up, but I will certainly have plenty to say in the next few months.

For today, a lesson I learned so you don't have to: Three year olds who appear to not be paying attention while you are watching T.V., really are so careful what you watch.

A few weeks ago I indulged in watching a spectacular show about midwives.  In my opinion it portrays the most realistic birth experience that I have ever seen on the screen.  I don't mean up close and personal, but you know those obnoxious scenes where a woman is all sweaty and squealing and then it is all over and you sit there thinking, "That is so NOT the way it happens," this show is so realistic.

The other show is your classic drama.  Someone is always in some dire situation and at the end of the show they leave you with a huge cliffhanger that obliges you to come and watch the next episode so you can figure out the conclusion, even though you are kind of embarrassed to admit you watch the show.In one episode someone had a heart attack and the it ends with another character doing chest compressions while counting.  

Now fast forward.  This guy:
was sitting on the potty, grunting away (I know TMI) and like every normal parent, I asked, "Are ya poopin'?"  To which Noah answered, "Yup, there's no baby coming out of my bum, just poop."

Then again a few days later I was sick and laying in bed with my eyes closed.  Noah climbed onto my bed and sweetly asked, "Are you ok Mommy?  Are you dead?" He then proceeded to place his hands between my breasts and began counting to 20 while doing chest compressions.

So beware, the pictures have ears and eyes.  Thank goodness I wasn't watching a show about plastic surgery or ax murderers!

 

2 comments:

Abby said...

Love the midwife show. One of my favorites.
Oh that boy! It is so true. They pick up on things like that. Too cute though.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Welcome back and I am glad to hear you are not a grandmother yet! : )