Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

A Place for Everything

This is a real conversation that occurred in our household.

Sophie: "Mommy, I can't find my toothbrush."
Me: "Last I saw it, it was in the shower."
Sophie: (With false incredulity) "What!? In the shower!? I don't know what it would be doing in the shower."
Me: "Sophie, you know exactly why it is in the shower.  You bring it in there to brush your teeth to save time so you can read in the morning."
At this point Jacob peeks around the corner with a sheepish look on his face.
Jacob: "Uh...because it was in the shower, I thought it was for cleaning the shower floor, you know, because it is so dirty."
Sophie: (With a look of sheer panic as she tried to figure out if she had used it after Jacob used it to scrub the shower floor) What!?  Jacob, you can't......"
Me: "Sophie, this is why I say, "A place for everything and everything in its place."
Silly Goose!
Miss Lucy
Foos-foos-ma loosey-goose
La-La- Pa-Ta-Te-Ta
My dear sweet Sophie Anna.

1 comment:

Mama Ash Grove said...

My goodness, she is the spitting image of her daddy!