Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

W.F.D.T.R: Veggie Burgers

A few weeks ago I got a book free at the Giving Closet in Greensboro.  When I opened it to read it the other day a recipe for Garbanzo Burgers fell out.


For dinner we had hamburgers because I knew no one would like them, but I loved them.  I want to try them with black beans as well.  Noah also liked them.


I approached Aaron with a garbanzo burger loaded with ketchup and mustard and asked him to try it.  He whimpered and said something about being scared.  I was about to ask him how much he loved me when he took a bite of his own free will and choice.  He accidentally inhaled the mustard and began choking and coughing.  He put the burger down and said, "It just isn't appealing." 


A few moments later he began eating again and finished the burger.  His assessment..."There really is nothing offensive about this."  Sounds bad but coming from Aaron, who hates chick peas and mushrooms...It was the best compliment he could have given me.


No comments: