Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Eager to Help

On of the first manifestations of food allergies with Noah was constipation.  Once I counted up that he hadn't pooped for eleven days, I called the doctor.  Their recommendation was to give him a bottle of corn syrup mixed with water.

I think the kids were always resentful of my nursing Noah.  They wanted to be able to help, but when ever he cried I would whisk him away and nurse him.  So when those bottles of corn syrup and maple syrup came out they were each SO eager to have a turn.


Noah is so lucky to have such awesome siblings.  In the end it was not constipation but food sensitivities.  So far Noah seems bothered by dairy, eggs, almonds and peanuts.

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

That sounds fairly complicated...what can you eat?? What great big brothers and sister to help out! Love your family!!!

Abby said...

oh this is so so cute! my favorite is tiny Jacob holding him. Gosh I can't wait to see you guys again!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Food sensitivities? No fun. Seriously? What do you eat?