Search This Blog

Monday, January 03, 2011

Date Night

Aaron and I rarely ever go out for date night, but every Friday night is our date night.  Usually we just watch a movie, but sometimes we go above and beyond.  This was just one such night.  

I made a simple meal for the kids then sent them upstairs to watch a movie.  While they watched a movie Aaron and I had a fancy dinner, grilled tuna in a honey dijon marinade.  We also had a yummy side salad and sparkling cider.  

By the time we were done making and eating dinner, the kid's movie was over.  We took a brief pause to get the kids into bed then date night resumed.
9 1/2 years later our relationship has grown, matured and changed (for the better,) but one thing remains the same...I married my best friend.

2 comments:

Abby said...

This is so romantic that you do this. I love that you still make time to do date nights - I think it is so important to have couple time!

Mama Ash Grove said...

And one of my oldest friends married my brother, how lucky am I?
LOVE this date night. You two! <3