Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Photo Unload:Jacob's Birthday

Is anyone else out there having major issues with the new blogger editor? I have just about had it with it. Ok there is my gripe.


Today we have Jacob's fourth birthday...from September 29th...

Sophie reading the note she wrote on the wrapping paper she used to wrap her gift to Jacob, a penny and a plastic bug.



One day at a store Jacob wanted this kangaroo so badly.  I very sneakily bought and payed for it hoping that the other clerks who weren't in on the secret wouldn't think I was shoplifting.
The smile says it all!
That night I went up the stairs and found this little scenario set up.  The is the Lego set he was so excited about in the last picture.
Jacob asked for a Lightning McQueen cake and I delivered, but never again.  Reason #1 Way too much dye.  While I am not entirely opposed to dye, I am opposed to huge quantities of it (think purple ketchup and...Lightning McQueen cakes.)
Reason#2 Homemade Fondant is a pain in the neck to make, at least this recipe was.
We had apple crisp on Jacob's actual birthday, but the Saturday after he had one friend (and his family) over for a party.  When he turns 5 we'll have a bigger party.
It is nice to know that even thought the cake did not meet my quality standards, it was met with rave reviews from the kids.
Thanks Mikey for the awesome gifts!!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

What a fantastic party! The cake is so darn fun and his happy face opening his gifts is just priceless. The lego scene you came across...SO CUTE. And I love tiny Noah in the ergo.

Mama Ash Grove said...

That cake is amazing! I am in awe!
Who is lightning queen?
ah, those legos- my boys would die! yes the smile says it all!