Search This Blog

Friday, November 02, 2012

Family Friday

For almost as long as we have been here in Craftsbury there has been some controversy over the school gym. It needed to be replaced as it was deemed unsafe to use when there was snow on the roof or if the wind was blowing over a certain speed and there were often frogs in the locker room.  After years of debate and failed bond votes we finally have an AMAZING new facility.  For the ribbon cutting ceremony each class had a table with examples of work they have done this year.
This was one of Ben's contributions.  He is very self conscious about these poems, especially War.  His teacher pulled me aside and showed me these poems long before the open house.  She said that he had spontaneously come up with these poems and that they had just flowed out of him without pause, direction or correction.  He will share Stream but not War.
Once again I took so many pictures of Sophie but she was always doing something goofy or very obviously staged.
This was Aaron's presentation center
The brightly colored poster behind Sophie is her creation.
And of course Jacob at his class table
It is voting time!  Can you guess who I voted for?



Ben did his hair and wanted me to take a picture and I just couldn't resist those sweet brown eyes.
Pumpkin carving time!  This year we let the kids carve their own pumpkins, sharp knives and all.  It was seriously the most enjoyable pumpkin carving we have ever had.
I think they turned out pretty well
I am not a fan of characters, but Jacob asked to borrow this from a friend and it was one less costume for me to worry about.
This costume is more up my alley.  Sir Ben of the Common
Happy Halloween and Happy November!

3 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

I don't usually comment, but I always read. I just had to comment about Bens poetry. He is amazing with words and I love the flow of his poem. Please tell him that auntie Hannah is really proud. Actually, tell them all that. Love you all. -Hannah

Caitlin and Jared said...

Those poems are impressive!! The kids are getting so "grown up"!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...justice of the peace!?