Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

I am not sure if any of you remember, but when I first started knitting I would inadvertently make a lace stitch in every project. I never meant or tried to, but somehow they always made it in there anyway.

Well now I am at a skill level that I can actually make a lace stitch when I want to...according to pattern.

Here is my very first mitten. Apparently some day I will be a great cable knitter, because I made a great cable stitch (actually a whole row of them) in the thumb.

Someday this will be a great skill to have, but for now it doesn't make for a very comfortable mitten.
I guess I am just a woman ahead of her time.

4 comments:

Abby said...

What a beautiful lace stitch! I wish I could sit down and follow a pattern. I am not sure if I have the patience

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh Lauren, I am so glad you are knitting! And finding joy in it!
Awesome cable thumb. I think you've invented something here. . .

Mummy. said...

fabulous! and I am envious of you knitting skill, Lauren.

Hannah Joy said...

Your knitting looks awesome. I took a short haitus. Now I will have to learn the pearl stitch.